Skip to main content

OpenCV - Drawing a Circle with python

In this tutorial, I will show you how to draw a circle in OpenCV.

OpenCV comes with lots of built-in functions that make our life easier especially when we are working on image processing. 

And there is a function called circle in OpenCV which is used to draw a circle.

This function takes following parameters:

1. Image: Takes an image object
2. Center: Center point coordinates
3. Radius: Radius of the circle
4. Color: Takes color in BGR format
5. Thickness: By default set to 1 (optional)
6. Line Type: By default set to 8-connected.It can also be LINE_AA or 4-connected (Optional)
7. Shift: Shifts fractional bits in the point coordinates of center and radius (Optional)

Especially when we are creating closed shapes. Thickness plays an important role. Here if the negative thickness is passed in this function or any other function which creates a closed shape(rectangle, polygon, etc). Then it creates a filled shape (filled with color).

Negative Thickness

filled circle

Filled Circle

Positive Thickness

hollow circle

Outlined Circle

Anti Aliased Circle

Anti aliased Circle Border

Line Type Set to LINE_AA

Program

#import cv2 moduleimport cv2 as cvimg = cv.imread("nature.jpg")height,width= img.shape[0:2]#Hollow Circleimg = cv.circle(img,(width/2,height/2),100,(255,145,88),10)#Filled Circle#img = cv.circle(img,(width/2,height/2),100,(255,145,88),-1)#AntiAliased Curve#img = cv.circle(img,(width/2,height/2),250,(255,145,88),10,cv.LINE_AA)cv.imshow('Circle',img)cv.waitKey(0)cv.destroyAllWindows()

Thanks for reading 🙂 🙂

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PS3 - Dragon Ball Z Battle Of Z - RPCS3 Setting

Hi GuyZ, Today, I am going to show you, how to play PS3 games on PC using the RPCS3 Emulator. It is very easy to set up and play PS3 Games. I got to know about this emulator some time ago and I thought I should give it a try . Initially I was not sure that whether it would work or not. But at last, it worked. I found it very easy to set up and play PS3 games . Although this emulator is still in the development stage so you may encounter some errors. I haven’t got any errors. In this tutorial, I am using the PS3 PKG file. This emulator also supports dumping ps3 disc and ISO Images. Prerequisites: RPCS3 Emulator PS3 Update File Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 Redistributable PS3 .pkg and Rap File Important Tip Before downloading any game make sure it comes under the playable section of rpcs3 compatibility. To check which game you can play using RPCS3 click HERE. Games that are showing in the Playable Section are actually the games that are in running state and can be played using RPCS3 E...

OpenCV - Play Video with python

Hello Guys, In this tutorial, I will show you how to play a video file using OpenCV. To play a video file or to stream a webcam OpenCV has a function named  VideoCapture.  This function takes only one argument. If you want to play the video you need to pass the file name with extension. Ex:  nature.mp4. Similarly, If you want to stream your webcam you need to pass a number or device index. Which simply means which webcam you want to access. Just in case, If you have more than one webcam. If you have only one webcam then you have to pass 0 or else if you have two web cameras then for accessing the second web camera you have to pass 1  and so on.  Once we have initialized the video object by calling the VideoCapture function. Then we will use an infinite while loop which will iterate till video.read() method returns true. read() function returns two parameters  1. Boolean – If True video still playing or False if the video is ended.  2. Frame – Here frame is simpl...